Mrs Jane Taylor

Other names: 

Mrs Jane (Jean) Taylor of Woodside bequeathed £500 'for a playground for the children of Woodside.' Mrs Taylor was the widow of Mr John Taylor, a grocer in Woodside. Land was acquired by the Aberdeen Town Council close to Hilton House at the request of the Woodside Commissioners when Woodside was incorporated into Aberdeen in 1891. The park opened in 1894.