Remains of the Sinclair Fountain

Dedicated to: 
Date: 
1959
Material: 
stone
Location:
Near cycle path at Steadfastgate beside the Water of Leith Walkway
Edinburgh
Images: 
Sinclair Fountain on Princes Street
Additional information: 

The Catherine Sinclair fountain on the roundabout, at the foot of Lothian Road at its junction with Princes, was erected in 1859 for the use of the horses that pulled the cabs, working men and dogs - it was removed to ease traffic flow in 1926 and stored for many years. Part of it are located just off the Water of Leith Walkway.

http://www.edinphoto.org.uk/0_buildings_s/0_buildings_-_sinclair_fountai...