Carved stone memorial plaque to Elsie Inglis

Dedicated to: 
Inscription: 

TO THE BELOVED AND
HONOURED MEMORY OF
ELSIE MAUD INGLIS
SURGEON PHILANTHROPIST
FOUNDER IN 1914 OF THE
SCOTTISH WOMEN’S HOSPITALS
FOR SERVICE WITH THE ALLIES
IN FRANCE SERBIA AND RUSSIA
BORN 1864
DIED ON ACTIVE SERVICE 1917
MORS JANVA VITAE

Designed by: 
Sir Frank C. Mears, architect, and carved by C. d'O. Pilkington Jackson
Material: 
Stone
Location:
St Giles’ Cathedral, Edinburgh, Holy Cross Aisle
High Street, Royal Mile
Edinburgh, EH1 1RE
Images: 
Memorial to Elsie Maud Inglis at St Giles Cathedral
Additional information: 

Carved stone plaque of three female angels, each holding a plaque (anchor, cross, heart)